Friday 22 March 2013

Happy Birthday Salt!

Satch here. 

If you read Salt’s wonderful Happy Birthday blog post to me a few months back, you’re probably wondering why, now 12 days after Salt herself had a birthday, there’s been no birthday blog in return from yours truly. Had I not been spending that special day surprising my bloggy bestie in Cardiff (why yes, I am a great friend. Thank you for noticing.) I would have returned the favour. However, as the lady is soon to get on a train for her hometown celebrations, I thought now would be the perfect time! 

When I was in Cardiff, Salt and I established that we’ve been doing this dance of friendship now for 9 years (not including that time we sang together for the school choir and I thought she was a stuck-up cow – largely because she got to stand in the middle of me and another tiny girl – and, for obvious reasons, she thought I was slightly petty). The good news is, a few years later, we reconciled our differences and I think a few photos through the ages are in order, to celebrate 9 weird and wonderful years with the birthday girl. 


2004 - My Auntie Dawn's Wedding

2006 - My 15th Birthday (for some reason, no photos exist from 2005...and yes, that is blue eye shadow and hoop earrings I'm rocking there.)

2007 - This move is known as "I'm waiting for the milkman."
2007 - Hard Rock Cafe, Barcelona.
2008 - Posey fun on the beach

2009 - I told you we didn't always get on!

2009 - Here we may be serenading each other with a bit of Michael Buble...(who Salt now hates because he has "Paedo eyes.")

2010 - Yes, we had matching plastic rain ponchos...at least mine was only 25p!

2011 - Intermission drinks at Legally Blonde, the Muscial (Salt's 21st Birthday present from me, big Jacklin and little Jacklin - tickets, not the drinks!)

2011 - Acting out the complext relationship of Zeus and Hercules in an Athens airport...

2012 - Rocking the luggage, turtle-style, on our way to Isle of Wight Festival

2012 - Salt's birthday last year in St. James' Park (don't worry, we know the guy behind her - it wasn't some random. It was, however, hilarious.) 

And now....2013!

  
Happy birthday Salt! Here's to the next 9 years (but let's call it quits after that because you are a stuck-up cow). Love you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment